London Airport Transfer
...To London and back again from any airport
When you're planning your vacation it's important to figure out your London Airport transfer. London has five airports that are dotted around the edge of the city - Heathrow, London City, Gatwick, Luton and Stansted.
Quick Links to the airport transfer of your choice:
Each aiport has a variety of transfer services available and more importantly they all vary in travel time, comfort and cost. There's a few things you might want to consider with planning your transfer:
- Arrival/ Depature time - will I be travelling during rush hour?
- Airport Hotel - If you are arriving late in the evening or leaving London very early in the morning it may be worth staying in an airport hotel. A variety of options are available to suit most budgets and this is a great way to ease into your vacation or leave relaxed
- Number of passengers - sometimes a taxi will be just as cheap as public transport if you have 3 or more people
- Long haul or short haul - sometimes taking a hire car or taxi is the best solution after a long and stressful flight
- Can you pre-book your journey so you wont have to worry about it when you arrive
- Check with your hotel for London Airport transfer recommendations. The service and cost of transfers can vary greatly and no one knows London like a local
Arriving in London is an exciting experience and it need not be stressful if you have a game plan. Some people like to wing it, that's fine, but with so many options you really should consider your options before arrival. If all else fails, ask at the airport information desk and they'll be happy to help.